Kenya has saved Sh74bn through Huduma Centres

Interior CS Fred Matiang’i last month had said no one will be forced to register and assured Kenyans that their details captured in the system will be secure.

The countrywide Huduma registration exercise was launched by Uhuru on April 2 in Machakos county.

Kenya Human Rights Commission, Nubian Rights Forum, and the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights had tried to stop the exercise at Milimani Law Courts but were overruled by the court.

The groups had said that the condition that no one would access government services without a Huduma Namba was a violation of fundamental rights protected under the Bill of Rights.

The High Court ruled the registration could continue provided Kenyans are not compelled to be listed and DNA is not taken as part of the drive.

The exercise had been supported by various politicians who said it will ensure that the government provides its services to the citizens efficiently.

Government Spokesman  Cyrus Oguna on Thursday confirmed the government has no plan of carrying out a second registration for Huduma Namba.


Posted

in

by

Tags: