President Uhuru Kenyatta has assigned 18 officials to the roles of ambassadors or Consulate generals at Kenyan embassies abroad.
In a statement, Foreign Affairs Cabinet Secretary Monica Juma said Michael Mubea, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the Ethics and Anti-Corruption, was part of the list.
President Kenyatta assigned Mr Mubea to Dublin in Ireland.
He recalled Robinson Njeru Githae from Washington, DC, in the United States and assigned him to Vienna in Austria.
Ms Juma noted that the 18 will undergo vetting before their appointment is confirmed.
The others appointed are:
- Kariuki Mugwe – Abu Dhabi
- Peter Katana Angore – Algiers
- Barine Eliphas Mugendi – Accra
- Andrew Kihurani – Bern
- Lamarron ole Kaanto – Berlin
- Purity Muhindi – Dakar
- John Mwangemi – Djibouti
- Mwendwa Musembi – Dubai
- Njeri Njiiri Karago – Los Angeles
- Flora Karugu – Lusaka
- Richard Opembe – Madrid
- Jackline Yonga – Rome
- Lazarus Ombai Amayo – Washington, DC
- Mwende Mwinzi – Seoul
- Diana Kiambuthi – Stockholm
- Njambi Kinyungu – UN-Habitat