– The MP reportedly stormed home of ODM candidate for Ganda ward by-election to protest the meeting that was being held
– The incident sparked confrontations that saw the uncle of the Orange party candidate shot dead by unknown people
– Police camped outside Jumwa’s home for the better part of Tuesday night after she denied to grant them access
– They, however, managed to arrest her hours past midnight
– Four other suspects were arrested alongside the MP and are being detained at KPA Police Station in Mombasa
Malindi MP Aisha Jumwa has been arrested at her home following chaos that erupted at the home of ODM party candidate for Ganda ward by-election where one person was shot dead.
Jumwa reportedly stormed the home of Ruben Katana on Tuesday, October 15, evening to protest the meeting the candidate was holding with his agents, an incident that sparked instant confrontation.
Police officers camped outside her home for the better part of Tuesday night after the lawmaker refused to grant them access.
The officers, however, managed to gain access in the homestead on Wednesday, October 15, at around 3am and nabbed her.
Jumwa was arrested alongside four other suspects who were linked to the fracas and are currently being detained at KPA Police Station in Mombasa.
She had earlier dispelled reports that police had arrested her in connection with the chaos after the news surfaced on Tuesday night, shortly after police stormed her homestead.
The vocal MP has also dismissed accusations linking her to the shooting of the ODM candidate’s uncle saying the chaos erupted after she had left the scene.
Ganda Ward seat fell vacant after the election of Abdul Omar, an independent candidate in the mini-poll who is supported Jumwa.
The election will be held tomorrow, Thursday, October 17.
Do you have a groundbreaking story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through [email protected] or WhatsApp: 0732482690. Contact Tuko.co.ke instantly.
I forgave the person who destroyed my face – Kelvin Kairo | Tuko TV